Skip to main content

My photography story

     I knew I wanted to be a photographer around the time my son turned 4.  Plus, I grew up with my dad always into photography and videography, he was always my inspiration.  So I got a cheap point and shoot camera and started shooting.  My first photos of my son I took I fell in love with and thought I was just born for photography. hahaha yea I look back on them and just laugh.  Now they were not horrible by any means but they definitely not the quality I believed them to be.  In the last 10 years I have grown soo much.  9 years ago, with the help of a group of very special ladies, I started taking photography classes and haven't stopped, some of them include NYIP, Rocky Mnt college, and through various other professional photographers.  I highly believe in you can never stop learning and if you stop learning you'll never grow.   


Here is a picture of when I first started taking pictures.


And here is where I am at today with the same subject (my son haha)


Enter your email above to see more about my journey into photography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gangster? No ma'am a real gangster!

    When this young man came up to me and said he wanted to do a gangster styled shoot.  I thought no way.  He told me "No ma'am, not a thug, a real gangster!!!" YES!!! Yes I can do that!!! We had so much fun styling and shooting this session.  With the gold pinned suit and gold tie, complete with a fedora!!! Just check these out!!! Pretty awesome right???  What y'all think?  Feel free to comment below 😍😍😍

Whats on your photography bookshelf?

Some of the most useful books that I have are these two books.  Understanding Exposure helped me out when I was just beginning.  The book of Legal Forms I use all the time and keep it on hand for references.      Some more books I use all the time are the 500 posing series.  I look over them almost every session I have to get fresh ideas.    These next two are older books that were given to me early in my photography journey.  Photographing Children is not one that I would recommended today.  It's outdated and has some controversial images for today's world.   The Art of Black and White Photography is outdated but has some really good information and some great black and white photos.  I love a good black and white.     What photography books do love and hate? Comment below.         Subscribe above for more photo sessions, tips, and more about my journey in photography.

No Script

Sitting here trying to think of my first blog post. I think I will just leave ya'll with this quote. I have no script, nothing planned out, just living day to day doing what I love, soaking in all the knowledge I can.